It was just about now that I was under the knife a week ago. The time went fast. I guess because most of last week I was totally out of it. The preop/OR experience was a good one. The doctors and nurses all introduced themselves as they were rolling me in. I could hear one nurse asking Dr. Pasciak if he brought the films from Good Sam, I was thinking, "what....you dont have the films??" But, he said he could pull them up on the screen. I also find it interesting that you meet with and work with people(or nurses) for hours and all you get to see is their eyes. The first thing they did was put in the epidural. I felt drunk as he was doing it. The anesthesia doctor (cant spell ologist) began asking me questions about the marathons, etc.. which I thought was nice. I dont know how he knew I did that stuff. Then, as I looked around at all the overhead machines and zillion utensils, knifes, etc...I thought and verbally announced that I watch too much Grey's anatomy. I do remember also saying, "please save the foley and the NG till I am out!!!" I did not need an NG. Well, before they gave me the final juice...they all began looking over me and I asked for Honeymoon places to dream about....it was agreed before I closed my lids that Italy was the place. I think I asked for donations from each of them :)
Waking up in the recovery area was not pleasant. I dont know if they had me hanging from my left arm from the ceiling or what. That was painful and then everyone looking at me and then when the Dr. came and I was kinda in and out and hearing the word, "cancer"....I started to cry. But, then I heard, that it was early and a partial nephrectomy and I remember saying, "YES!!!". I just wanted to save some part of my kidney if possible. Its been since then that everyone keeps telling me how lucky I am. I understand what means now.
Today is a better day yet. I can sleep the entire time inbetween pain medicines now and no more nausea. I just get dizzy right after I take the medicine and usually lay down till that passes. I think I can take a shower by myself today and also I think I may have some visitors!!! Yeah....Thats the best part. The incision looks ok. Bruised and a steri strip fell off. I occasionally get weird pulls and shooting pains but I know its all part of it and there were 3 layers of muscles to go through....ewe!!!
I hope you are all saving your weekly stories for me. I think I will get to making calls today and over the next couple of days. Anyone watch the Bachelorette last night??? GO ED!!!! I knwo the whole thing is ridiculous...but I love watching it !!!! Drama Drama.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was so excited about Ed too!
I was worried she was going to choose Kipton with the way her family was saying he was so great for her. And then the thing with the other guy (I can't remember his name, cause he was too weird) when he asked her to marry him...I mean come on!
Glad to hear your feeling good!
looking forward to hearing from you when you're up to it! Much love always!
Post a Comment