Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Recovery

Pam is back in her room and is extremely tired. She will probably be sleeping the rest of the day/evening according to the nurses. She MIGHT start feeling better later tonight. Bill, Carol, and I have left for the day to allow her to get some good sleep.

I can only imagine how tough this is since Pam is the strongest person I know and she is on a lot of pain killers and had to ask for more. Not sure I could handle it. And not only can Pam handle the pain; she looks beautiful in doing it. Bill, Carol, and I are amazed at how great she looks as well as how well she has handled all of this.

For today she is on a strict 50 cc: an hour ice cube limit---no water or food yet.

She has her laptop with her in her room so she may start leaving the posts from here on out once she regains some strength....possibly later tonight.

Love you Pam and I will see you in the morning if not before that!!!!

5 comments:

mrs.monica @ RTP_inHeels said...

yeah Pam you tough little cookie! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Pam is resting now - she is certainly a fighter with everything she has been through. Ryan - thanks for keeping us updated all day long. You are both wonderful people. So glad you found each other.

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing women. Give yourself time to rest and heal now.

Lean on Ryan let him do a lttle work for once! :-)

ps No running in the halls trying to condition.

We Love you both

Kathy, Greg, Adam, Jared, Danielle, Grandma and Bandit

The Donahue's said...

Everyone should try and get some rest! It has been a long day for everyone I am sure. Pam, Ryan is a lucky man to have found someone so strong and Ryan, Pam is a lucky woman to have found someone to stand by her side!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear it's over. What a trooper! There will be good days and not so good days ahead for awhile, but they are all part of the journey to better health. The hard part for you will be restraining yourself from overdoing it and allowing yourself to be a little 'lazy'. I hope you learn to be a 'good patient'! This experience will surely make you an even better nurse. Sending you warm hugs and positive thoughts.

Love,
Kathy