Monday, May 5, 2008

My first swimming lesson!

As you can recall, I signed up for the Sprint triathlon. I thought maybe it would be good that I take some lessons considering I have never been a swimmer. In high school, the thought of swimming made me ill but that was under different circumstances. So, I met with a personal trainer today at the workout center by the hospital. Al is his name. He calls it, "Al's sink or swim school". He used to be a highschool coach and line judges for races. Now, he is retired and trains on the side. He is a riot in a half. An older guy with so much wit! Let me tell you, he worked me today! Granted any kind of swimming would work me. He did an assessement and he prepared a log book for me. He asked if I was on any kind of weight program. My reply, "no, not really, I like food a lot. I just exercise, stay away from fast food, no eating after 7, etc.......ummmmmmmm hilarious....he meant weight lifting!!!! I was laughing so hard!! Any way, we will meet several more times and then he will send me on my own. It was actually fun and the best part....the water, WARM :) Sorry, no pictures, it was hard enough for me to learn on how to put on the goggles.

No comments: