Wednesday, April 16, 2008

This past weekend!


If you saw Becky's or Lisa's blog, you would know we all headed to St. Louis for the weekend for Lisa's son's first bday! I left the pictures up to everyone else so if you check out their blogs...you will see all the wonderful pictures. It was such a good time and it was so nice to see Lisa's new house and hang with everyone and their kids that are growing up so fast!! Like I told everyone this past weekend, its amazing to me to stop and look back and think about how we all grew up together in highschool and now I am playing with their kids!! You are all so wonderful and it feels so good to have you in my life.


After we left St. Louis, Ryan wanted to stop at ISU. He has mentioned several times how he wanted to see where I went to College. I was ecstatic that he was interested! So, we stopped in Bloomington/Normal and I took him on the grand tour. I showed him our old dorms, our apartment, Avanti's, Tobins, he wanted to go in Braden and the library(he said he wanted to see where I spent all my time)...ha ha, not funny!! And then we ate the Pub. And yes.....we had cheese balls!!! How can you not? The beer specials were still 1.50 on some nights....so miss that!!! There was a lacrosse team in there celebrating after a game....they looked so happy and worryless. I miss those days. Not playing Lacrosse, but you know what I mean. It was great to be back there. I truely miss it and I loved loved college. Most importantly...thats where I met a group of great girls :) I have a picture of Haynie...where it all began.......



5 comments:

Becky's Blog said...

What a great picture!!! I miss those days! I soooooo wish we could have stopped with you, but sleeping beauty couldn't be bothered to get up. :) It was so great hanging out this weekend!

Our family said...

Wow! I miss those days too. Hard to remember when all we worried about was when we were going out next:)

Melissa, Joey, and Michael said...

Wow! What a great picture to see!! I have to say I got a little choked up:) As I am reading your blog, the boys are screaming and fighting over a toy....and i am wishing I was at
6th floor Haynie:)

Unknown said...

I was very impressed with how big Bloomington/Normal is and really enjoyed the tour of campus and the city.

Being from Wisconsin, I know cheese curds pretty well....got to admit; those cheese balls at the Pub were excellent!!! Good thing I didn't go to ISU or I might have had those every day and put on a lot more weight.

Thanks again for the tour, I really enjoyed seeing where you (and everyone else) spent so much time and got so many memories from.

-Ryan

Rog & Heather said...

I totally miss those days! Virtually carefree ... and $1.50 drinks, what more can you want?!?

I haven't been there in probably 2-3 years ... which is pretty sad since Heidi's still there. BUT we will be going back for the weekend in a few weeks for her graduation, and the Pub and wahtever North Pier is now are definitely on the list!