Monday, October 27, 2008

I have good news!! I got a new job. Some of you know I was interviewing for quite some time it feels like. I found 2 jobs that were really appealing to me. One was in the education department in the hospital and the other one was in the CV HART unit. I interviewed for both and was offered the cv hart job right away. The education department was going to make a decision this week. I knew in my gut that I really was excited about the cv hart job. So, after much discussion and a couple nights of tossing and turning...I decided to take myself out of the education job and accept CV hart. I am really excited and I feel like a big weight has been lifted. I will miss my friends at my current job as I have been there for almost 8 years now, but I feel it is time for me to move on. I need a change and I want to be happy to go to work. And do you know the best part?????????? NO WEEKENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo....its like a dream :) Well, I may have to work a weekend every once in a blue moon so I really don't care. I will start the first week of December. It will be 3, 12 hour days like I have now. I will work in an outpatient setting and I will get patients right after surgery when they get pacemakers, stents, cardioversions, or other kinds of procedures. Quite a variety and we work very closely with the cardiologists and the cath lab. Lots of patient teaching which I love. The other job I would have no patient contact and I think I would miss that. I am not ready to give that up. So, I look forward to starting off 2009 with a new job. I will keep you posted!!!

3 comments:

Melissa, Joey, and Michael said...

Congrats Pampers! I am so glad it all worked out and you are so happy! What a way to ring in the New Year! MIss you:)

Our family said...

Thats awesome Pam!! Yeah!! Can't wait to see you more now that you have weekends:)

mrs.monica @ RTP_inHeels said...

congrats pammers! I'm sooo happy for you. I can't wait to hear more!