HI Everyone!! Just wanted to say hi and give a quick update. I can't believe its been just a little over 2 weeks already. I think the first week went fast and I was pretty much out of it. That first week of being home was pretty miserable compared to now. I am very happy with my progress with the exception of a few things. I do have more energy now and more will to do things. I am getting around quicker and have started to take walks around the block. When I was discharged, everything hurt so it was hard to pinpoint just where exactly. My abdomen was swollen like I was 3 months pregnant and it was numb. Now, where the actual incision is hurts less and its more positional pain. The pulling and tearing feeling have lessened. But, I noticed my stomach still hurts pretty bad and is still numb and it was really confusing me. I started to worry the other night. The swelling has come down. Now, I appear 1 month pregnant. Ha ha. But, I was worried there is fluid or blood or something there; maybe from the drain. I remembered that they deflated my lung and I had a pleural effusion but I thought that would have been gone by now. I had my first follow up today. My primary imformed me that my lung and my rib was resected to access my kidney in the right spot!!!!! I was like....what? I guess I did not realize that. It totally makes sense now. The nerves were all cut so the numbness will take a long time to go away and also the inflammation in my abdomen (below my last rib) will take at least 2 more weeks. It hurts to take deep breathes. I had a chest xray because there are a few crackles in my bases. Gross....I am still doing my IS and breathing exercises for petes sake.....
Overall, I think I am ok and the chest xray will be compared with the previous one. Just wanted to update you all. Thank you for your continued support, prayers, thoughts and love :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment